Bat Roost Ireland
Proud first Irish partners of
Irish bats are part of our national heritage and need our help.
You can help bats and enjoy a bat maternity roost in your own garden by building your own bat house.
Pics above National Parks & Wildlife Service double bat house mounted on a pole in St Johns wood Roscommon.
These bat houses are in Roscommon Ireland. More info
Bat Roost Ireland is about the conservation of all Irish Bat species.We hope that through our own research and with your help we can collect enough information on the specific roosting needs of Irish bats that we can make a real difference. We aim to provide everyone with practical information on bat boxes and bat houses including how to build, buy and locate a proper bat house so you can enjoy these mysterious and fascinating mammals from your own home at the same time be providing bats with a proper roost. We will discuss the pros and cons of bat houses and bat boxes. Our advice will be based on our own research, construction and monitoring bat roosts over the past 8 years and that of bat experts the world over.
- All bat species in Ireland are now in decline.
- By how much? We don’t actually know.
- This is why Bat roost Ireland needs your help.
- We need information on all types of artificial Bat roosts in Ireland.
- Their location, size, type whether or not they are being used by bats.
- If you have a bat box or house please tell us about it.
- It is essential if we are to plan a future with bats in our country that we are able to provide bat roosts that suit the needs of Irish bats.
- Too many well intentioned people have erected poorly designed bat boxes with very disappointing results.
- We would like to thank the Irish National Parks & Wildlife Service for their continued help and support in our projects
Please have a look around the website and if you have any comments or questions, we would love to hear from you. email@example.com
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!